Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To New Adventures

I'm excited to start this blog of my thoughts, creative projects and anything else I may want to talk about including my random thoughts. I know I'm not the only one that has them :)


I'm currently working on 2 cross stitch projects.  As I learn and understand this website I'll post more details.


I've been stitching since I was 16 years old because of a Senior Project my 12th Grade English teacher assigned to every student.  I wanted to do something different so I learned how to cross stitch and stitched the poem I was assigned for my paper as well as a border around it.  I even learned how to mat and frame it and did it all myself.  I've been hooked ever since.


I stopped for a while and picked up again about a year ago to make one for my husbands grandmother and finished it as a Christmas Gift in 2011.  I was so consumed with getting it done by Christmas (which I really didn't finish it till Jan 1st ... had to give her a rain check on Christmas day, I was a 7  months pregnant and had 1 year old running around.....'nuff said  LOL).


I woke up on Jan 2nd and felt that I was missing something, a few weeks went by and the cross stitch itch wouldn't go away -- I was driving my husband crazy.  The gift for his grandmother took me 2 years to complete and here I was wanting to jump right on in and get another one.


I'm the type of stitcher that I like to do them for others, so the Calamine lotion finally worked on my "itch" and I found my new project.  But that lotion must not worked too well because I then found a 2nd one I'm making for my husbands Mom.  And most recently I've found a new website thanks to a wonderful friend of mine and I now have 6 more lined up for a total of 8!!


I'm not sure if I'll stop at 8, but I do know that I'm up for my new adventure with all my projects and this blog :)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland Jennifer. I can tell already I am going to enjoy following this one!


    OH....your OCD issues sound a lot like me but I am SO VERY ENVIOUS of your organizational skills. I really need someone to come in here and help me with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy Lee - ThAnK yOu for being the first person to join my blog. I have a surprise for you. Please send me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you this weekend :) I'm so obsessed with organization I almost started offering my services to friends and family members. I did get one job from a friend and completely organized her house, garage, everythig, it was a huge success. The fun part was that I got paid doing something that I would do for free LOL -- But then life took place and I got remarried and had more children. So now I just go to the extreme with my own things at work and home. It's nice meeting you and thanks again for joining my site!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on starting a blog! I have been doing cross stitch on and off all my life. I always come back to it as it is so relaxing. I look forward to seeing your project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete